Friday 18 February 2011

Meet

Montgomery,

my first door stop project and first sewing project without a pattern.  Ok not first sewing project without a pattern but certainly the one of which I'm most proud!

I was full of thoughts to run a couple of darted channels in the front and rear, but eventually decided I can do simple well and complicated less so.  He's free hand drawn, folded, then pinned to cut out two identical shapes, he has lightweight fusible interfacing and then stuffed with toy stuffing and ABS plastic granules for ballast.  The beautiful heart button is ceramic and made by his recipient Tan Grey ... I'm happy to say she got the Star Trek reference as well as a happy feeling when she saw him :D She's also the new caretaker of Elvis so it's great to have put a smile on someone's face today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment