Sunday 9 October 2011

Moving along

Short snappy update, as it's been a while.  Well, I've beaded a little more of late since the Big Bead Soup Blog Party, which was a blast to have been part of.  But all those blogs, and so many inspirational pretties!  It was difficult to get around everything, and some pieces really wowed me!

I was very lucky to have had my name picked from a hat after commenting on this very talented artist's blog. SavonFeutré showcases such a wonderful talent with pieces that are just gorgeous, and so I was delighted to be the winner of this beautiful soup

I've also been entering another couple of competitions, one of which is to design a charm bracelet kit for The Bead Shop Scotland, the monthly colour challenge at Bead Buddies and also this month's Moodboard Challenge over at Operation:Tackle That Bead Stash.  So busy!  Got some phone cover orders, had a couple of sales through Folksy and discovered a brill little online marketplace at Tosouk which has no fees or strings by the looks of things! :) 





I also picked up some material from the Salvation Army shop in Falkirk, and have teamed up with Sigrid and Lisa to start up a stall at a local Craft Fair. All in all things are looking exciting! :) 

Family news has Ewan in the spotlight as rugby is upon us again - today was a tournament at Linlithgow, and our boys in all primaries did very well, with P4 winning their tournament, Ewan's team mates played out their skins as a team and through their heats and the semi final did not conced a single try against them.  They played Watsonians in the final and held them to a very hard fought single try win.  We are all so very proud of them, playing cohesively as a team and supporting each other very well both on, and off the pitch.  it was a pleasure and an honour to be on the sidelines encouraging them on ... And a rather spiffy medal too. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting here my felt beads. I hope to see your pices)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Youhave been busy again!
    the OTTBS piece looks amazing! Can;t wait to get a closer look too ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever finish it Nic! :) I will most definitely post a pic of what I make with your fabulous beads Marina! :) xx

    ReplyDelete